Basic Goodness in Animal


 Basic Goodness in Animal 

Let me share the incident, The nights were eerie, and I couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong with my playmate, Boktoo. I wondered, ‘What has happened to my dear Boktoo?

Boktoo, a puppy of my age, was born in the lush grassy neighbourhood a year ago. Initially, he appeared frail, and I doubted his chances of survival. However, I soon realized my mistake, as he blossomed into an adorable puppy that everyone adored and wanted to adopt as a pet. Surprisingly, he grew older and more mature than me in just a month’s time. Besides my friends, he was my only playmate and proved to be helpful in our maize field. Boktoo had a keen sense of smell and could detect even the faintest scent, as well as every tiny sound that would make him howl throughout the night and doze off under the warm afternoon sun.

On that particular night, Boktoo failed to howl as he usually did. His silence compelled me to visit his dilapidated bamboo shelter, and I walked quietly. He no longer showed the same fondness towards me as before; instead, his ears drooped like withered leaves on a scorching summer day. He even refrained from wagging his tail, which was his usual gesture of joy. His eyes were filled with tears, and he refused to eat the meal I had provided. Surprisingly, I even wondered if he knew. I was departing early in the morning to school, along with my sorrow. In reality, deep down, it was a message conveyed through tears; it was his love for me.

At that moment, it struck me that animals are remarkable in their own unique way, the only difference being the language of communication between humans and animals. Although they may not possess it, deep within them, biologically, emotions and affection (basic goodness)are innate, bestowed upon them by the grace of God. I discovered an immense karmic connection with Boktoo, which intensified my emotions and brought tears streaming down my face. 

Comments